Suggestion for server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestion for server

I have few suggestions for the server which I believe can help reduce spam and also ease up some tasks.

1. Event Chat
    = Players are abusing /me to call players in the events or minigames. Sometimes, they even spam it for the attention.
    Having event chat will atleast reduce the spam, if not anything else. Players who are in minigames can use event chat to call the players there, and it will be sent in the form of clientmessages, in some bright notable color so players won't spam it.

2. Whisper Chat
    = Chatbubble is an awesome feature in this server, but listener needs to be looking at the /cb user to read the over-head text.
    Sometimes, the player is communicating with the multiple players, within the specific range.
    Whisper chat solves the problem as it appears as clientmessage to the nearby players, and also the listeners remain undisturbed.

3. Radius Bounded CD
    Players are always for CD. Sometimes, they ask it within seconds because they weren't the first ready. The other players are spammed with that, even if undisturbed.
    If CD was radius bounded, no one would be spammed except only the players who want to use CD.

4. God mode for everyone
    Sometimes, the players don't want to dm, but the other players keep shooting them despite of the victim telling them to stop.
    If everyone was able to use god mode, no one would be annoyed/pissed off. If not in a mood of dm, they can simply go invulnerable
    and before this suggestion gets denied by anyone stating "this will be abused" and blah blah, the 5th suggestion (which is also the solution to "abuse" problem) is here

5. Proper Boolean System
    Players goto dm arena's like /mg or /de. When they die, they spawn at their classes normal spawn point.
    I suggest the Boolean to be stored so when they spawn, they spawn back in that minigame. If they want to leave the minigame, they can simply do /leave.
    This system will also prevent the players from abusing godmode. If the player is in godmode, they are automatically disarmed and can't use any weapons.
    If they try to buy and/or use any weapons during when they are invulnerable (means they are trying to abuse), the boolean goes off giving the message, they are no longer in god mode and will be hurt by the gun shot or explosion

These are not necessary at all,

1. No, there are some kind of event already which has specific chat system like team message. And also, not all players have time to "CHAT" in event, because they play on it, not just chatting there.

2. This isn't Roleplay, and also radius checking will need more process time which are not necessary, also that can confuse player in global chat.

3. No, especially the bikers that doesn't always wait for TP/Admins to give countdown, even they spammed "cd please" and after 2 seconds they start doing countdown by themselves. Also they don't always like strange people around (including us) and will just kill us. And i'm sure none of TP/Admin have time to be together around the people who ask for cd, and also for the radius reason above (#2).

4. Just no, many factors than "this will be abused" or the next point (#5), that you probably don't need to know (but if you have played here for long, you will know it by yourself). You can go away from people deathmatching or ask an Admin ingame to enable godmode for you.

5. It has been suggested many times as well, but it's just minigame, unlike event or race that they can leave or re-join. Because the minigame are played anytime, no limit. Sometime minigame gets empty and not necessary to rejoin.

For spam, we have already spam filter and admins to control it, but even it's not enough, it wont really annoys you
    Last edited by Robo; 29-04-14, 05:28 PM.
    KVIrc User

Comment

Some of these suggestions are alright but I really like the Count Down Radius, this command could be useful.
      /countdownradius [radius] [time]
      /cdr [radius] [time]

Comment

CountDownRadius, I like this idea.. It is true that there is unlikely to be an admin or a TP around to be performing radius CD's all the time, but i still think it would be worth having, just because there's not a lot of effort involved in adding it. It would be ideal if somehow the bikers could start their own radius CD's although if players were allowed to use the command it would get messy.. Perhaps there could be a work around to this.

Respawning directly to the minigame, I have seen this in other servers and I think it is a great way to avoid constantly typing /mg3, /mg3, /mg3 etc. Perhaps give the player the option if they want to re spawn in the minigame as they die? Anyway I think this would be a real cool feature that is worth having just because it makes it that tiny bit easier for players.

Godmode for all players well, the way I see it is being able to use godmode is probably the greatest privilege given to a trusted player. TP's work hard in game to achieve this status, so if all players were allowed to use godmode, I think this would almost defeat the purpose of earning the status.

Comment

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 15,681 at 08:23 AM on 17-06-20.

Working...
        X