This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Usernames, numbers first?

I'm suggesting to allow people register usernames in-game with numbers first like 1amyzingman or 1python64? Allow this would really help I think!

Correct me if im wrong but i think that this has a reason that you cant reg with a number 1st so the server can detect bots automatically.
    http://gamerxserver.com/forum/group....uss#gmessage57

Comment

I'm pretty sure this is impossible as numbers (1,2,3 etc.) are needed for the player id which is assigned when a player joins. Commands can be used on players using their ID or Name, e.g. /pm 1 or /pm Nick123
      So names with numbers at the start would conflict with the player IDs.

Say if there is a player: (Id:1) Name, this would conflict with someone called perhaps (Id:2)'1NameHere2'.
      If a command is used on that id 1, e.g. /pm 1, the result would be (Id:1), as it looks up player id as a number, and also the player '1NameHere2' as a string.

Basically numbers can't in the beginning of nicks, as numbers are reserved for the player ID when they join.
      Last edited by Nate; 28-07-14, 12:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nate View Post
        I'm pretty sure this is impossible as numbers (1,2,3 etc.) are needed for the player id which is assigned when a player joins. Commands can be used on players using their ID or Name, e.g. /pm 1 or /pm Nick123
        So names with numbers at the start would conflict with the player IDs.

Say if there is a player: (Id:1) Name, this would conflict with someone called perhaps (Id:2)'1NameHere2'.
        If a command is used on that id 1, e.g. /pm 1, the result would be (Id:1), as it looks up player id as a number, and also the player '1NameHere2' as a string.

Basically numbers can't in the beginning of nicks, as numbers are reserved for the player ID when they join.

How about 305?
        Last edited by RMS; 28-07-14, 01:28 AM.

RMS's youtube channel

Comment

Originally posted by rms View Post
          How about 305?
          If you are talking about that old management, wasn't he using the KFC tag? As far as i know it was [KFC]3o5.

Comment

Originally posted by DeathBeatZ View Post
            If you are talking about that old management, wasn't he using the KFC tag? As far as i know it was [KFC]3o5.
            Yep guessing he did have a tag since numeric first characters aren't allowed in nicks..

Anyways numbers are reserved for the player IDs, that is why nicks are not allowed a number as the first character. I don't know if its possible to allow this (or worth the time coding it). We'll see what management decides
            Last edited by Nate; 28-07-14, 04:02 AM.

Comment

As already mentioned by Nate numbers are not allowed as first character due to the way most commands work where you can type an ID or part of a name.

So if numbers were allowed then there would be no way to distinguish between:

1MyName (ID:2)
              MyName (ID:1)

/ban 1 would not know which player to ban.

So for now we won't allow numbers for first character of the name.

Comment

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 15,681 at 08:23 AM on 17-06-20.

Working...
              X