Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PM suggestion

Hello peeps

Ive had a search through the forums and have not seen this Topic suggested, correct me if i am wrong.
    I hope a similar feature isn't already added so i don't humiliate myself x)

Anyways. As people may know, i go AFK alot and usually minimize the game when i do.
    Then when i go to maximize it i sometimes see a PM from someone pop up on the screen, majority of the time id see the PM
    but there has been a few times that i have not, even after scrolling up. I dont know about y'all but i am not a fan of ignoring people.

Id like to suggest some sort of cmd like /rpm /rpms (/RecentPersonalMessages) then they pop up all in a row. Maybe could have the same feature as /tr2 with the box come up so the chatbar doesn't keep moving to give you time to look at them. Some sort of system that can save PMs while AFK within a 2hour or so time-span. After it reaches the time-span limit maybe they can auto delete so it doesn't fill up the system with unwanted PMs. And yes i do understand that the person may not be on when you get back, but you can easily bump into him next time and continue where you left off.

Kindly leave your opinions as im happy with any of them

/lpm shows the last PM. :P
    If this is what your were looking for?

But it only shows the last PM so if like you received 3 PMs you'll only be able to see the last one. Maybe an update to see more could be nice.

Comment

Originally posted by nicoud View Post
      /lpm shows the last PM. :P
      If this is what your were looking for?

But it only shows the last PM so if like you received 3 PMs you'll only be able to see the last one. Maybe an update to see more could be nice.
      Yes i would much rather see more bro

Comment

i think this would be very useful. +1
        and whats with the in the title?
        I used to be the only lvl1 player with speed boost 3 on the server. then robo came...

Comment

I like it , it would be very useful to those players who get AFK all the time or even active players, Never know when you could use them again

Comment

Also, Admins that are afk should have [PAUSED] or [AFK] next to their names in /admins list.

Comment

Originally posted by Zarky View Post
              Also, Admins that are afk should have [PAUSED] or [AFK] next to their names in /admins list.
              If an Admin is AFK and uses /brb and you try to pm this Admin you get the message that this Admin is AFK.

Do you mean : If an Admin uses /brb and you type /admins that this Admin automatically have a [AFK] next to his name
              Last edited by Tarantula; 28-08-14, 11:03 AM.
              Yours sincerely

Prof. Dr. Tarantula

Comment

A command displays a box contains the last PMs within 2/3 hours while you are AFK.. so if the 2-3 hours have passed and I haven't receive any message since then, the box will get empty. And if I haven't do /afk or /brb, nothing displays in the /rpms box, that simulates players to do /brb or /afk before they minimize the game because they are curious to know what their latest PM are. Also that helps us to know who's AFK.
                Nice suggestion, +1 for it.

Not needed, we already have a better command. /afklist or /lafk displays players who have done /afk or /brb.
                Last edited by Multihunter; 01-10-14, 01:35 AM.

Comment

Great Idea +1
                  i also want something like this many days ago i got 2 pms 1 was hi and before that it was a question was asking for the (/l ) but i only saw the last one hi and then when i talk on screen he pm me again and said so what is that? then i asked what? and then he pm me again the same one, tell me the /l of this place i /tg you come to me and then i told him that /l , so i was not able to see the second last pm i think Good Idea .

Comment

If an Admin is AFK and uses /brb and you try to pm this Admin you get the message that this Admin is AFK.
                    I have never seen an admin use /brb, but rarely they use /afk and when I do /afklist their name isn't listed since they didn't type /afk or /brb..

Not needed, we already have a better command. /afklist or /lafk displays players who have done /afk or /brb.
                    In the /lafk or /afklist, you can't see the player status you're supposed to know whether that person is an admin or not, how will new players know, they keep yelling in chat, "any admin on?"

That's why, we can directly ask them to type /admins in chat and they can see who's afk and who's is not..

I know about those /lafk and /afklist long back and I think its not enough..

Comment

I have never seen an admin use /brb, but rarely they use /afk and when I do /afklist their name isn't listed since they didn't type /afk or /brb..
                      Zarky, that suggestion is a part of the answer you are looking for, I already told you that suggestion would make admins and others do /rpms command, cause I'm sure everyone want to know their latest PMs, so they will do it.

In the /lafk or /afklist, you can't see the player status you're supposed to know whether that person is an admin or not, how will new players know, they keep yelling in chat, "any admin on?"
                      I don't see any problem in answering them to do /admins, also the /lafk or /afklist displays the user level as well

Also, it's almost everyone in the server know that Admins are level +3, if they don't, then we can answer them to do /level

That's why, we can directly ask them to type /admins in chat and they can see who's afk and who's is not..
                      I think making an alert such [AFK]AdminName while they minimize the game is not possible, probably it's something only SA-MP can do.
                      Last edited by Multihunter; 30-08-14, 07:47 AM.

Comment

You just repeated the same point that was said previously to me..

At that very moment [A]ATM was afk and was not listed in /lafk since it only works when they type /afk.

Adding an [AFK] tag infront of an admins name in /admins when they Alt tab or pause is possible and it isnt hard aswell..

Also, somtimes there are over 7 players AFK'ing ingame, now since its easier to detect afk players in 0.3z I think using that feature in /lafk would be cool aswell.

And please stop repeating what other players said, having [AFK] in /admins list would be more user friendly, and i bet thats what GamerX is aiming for..
                        Last edited by Zarky; 30-08-14, 12:51 AM.

Comment

First of all, adding Recent PM Logs would be good but for 2 to 3 pms, i disagree on the recent pms by hour as it's hard to make.
                          Why i'm saying this it's because SA:MP is an online game not an instant chatting/messaging program that is supposed to save friend, message, offline message, alerts, etc. Except those chats feature for team chat, clan chat.

I do

Here is your answer:
                          Originally posted by Multihunter View Post
                          I don't see any problem in answering them to do /admins, also the /lafk or /afklist displays the user level as well

Also, it's almost everyone in the server know that Admins are level +3, if they don't, then we can answer them to do /level

Adding an [AFK] tag infront of an admins name in /admins when they Alt tab or pause is possible and it isnt hard aswell..

Also, somtimes there are over 7 players AFK'ing ingame, now since its easier to detect afk players in 0.3z I think using that feature in /lafk would be cool aswell.
                          Here is your answer:
                          Originally posted by Multihunter View Post
                          I think making an alert such [AFK]AdminName while they minimize the game is not possible, probably it's something only SA-MP can do.
                          So far, there is no native function/way for the server to check wether if player is paused except counting and updating every milliseconds if player is idle by checking its position, how long they're not typing commands and chat, how long they are not pressing some detectable keys in SA:MP (means that keys like ESC is not detectable), and it just waste of process also it wont be accurate either as SA-MP player has bad synchronization.
                          What multihunter means that "only SA-MP can do" is that the client sends some packed to other player (like pinging each other) to check if the player paused/alt tabbed and when the player is not pinging or the receiver didn't get the ping, the receiver will see a the paused indicator, it's not always when the player is paused but also when the receiver has lag or unresponsive "ping" to other player.
                          It's not possible for server to detect alt+tab key or game minimized either.

Also dont even think adding [AFK] in name would be good, as it's possible where database would be confused on saving the player stats or failed to save, it's critical when happening, the reason is because the database table use name as the player stats name and when changing name many times (even failed to change) it might happen, the player would not get stats saved, even it's only happen in some time.
                          But if it's only showing in /admins it's fine.

The solution is to pm the admin, if they didnt response and you see no activity in chat it's mostly they're AFK, also by looking the pause indicator when you find admin near you, make sure /nametagstatus is on. Simple as that, only idiot would keep spamming "any active admins" when they see there are /admins online and not responding their message that means they're AFK.

Like i already said it's a game online not an internet chatting program, use IRC client for it you can get logs or for ingame only you can check the chatlog.txt in your user file folder and search for a pm (use ctrl+f in notepad).

Anyways i support the recent 3 pms idea.
                          Last edited by Robo; 30-08-14, 07:33 AM.
                          KVIrc User

Comment

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 15,681 at 08:23 AM on 17-06-20.

Working...
                          X