Report section on forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Report section on forum

I believe back then in 2011 we had a report section on the forums for cheaters, bug abuser, and every type of rulebreakers in the old databe crashed in 2011. So yeah why not having it back again? I think it will be really usefull for all, because in some cases rulebreakers won't be noticed by admins since they can turn off their cheats. I once saw a player abusing a no reload bug, I reported him for no reload but the guy switched to normal cbug and at the end he didn't got banned, If we had a report section on the forums, I would've record him doing the bug and post it here, so yeah I think this would be useful to improve the report system.

/discuss
    Last edited by UltimateSoldier; 21-10-13, 03:28 PM.

Yes, I know the problem, also happened to me many times. Your idea would help in any case. +1

Comment

Even with a report section and videos. We will still need to view the players hacking or rule breaking for our selves. Like you explained about no reload and changing to C-Bug. For example:

"A Player can still look like they have No Reload, yet they are only bugged. We do get alot of reports accusing bugged players as hackers. Yet we have to check them each time."

So a video or screenshots won't make any difference.

So -1 We don't really need it again.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Coickid View Post
        Even with a report section and videos. We will still need to view the players hacking or rule breaking for our selves. Like you explained about no reload and changing to C-Bug. For example:

"A Player can still look like they have No Reload, yet they are only bugged. We do get alot of reports accusing bugged players as hackers. Yet we have to check them each time."

Agree with Coickid -1

IF u wanna Take a Screenshot in game Press F5 and to Record Video I will Suggest Fraps
        sigpic
        A planet without humans only a PC and GTA SanAndreas
        I Can Survive.

Comment

Bump

10chars

Comment

I am surprised you don't have one already

Originally posted by Coickid View Post

I disagree. Yes okay, in the case of No Reload or No Damage and the like, you would have to check, but in the case of blatant rule breaking, such as using rockets in spawns or constant car ramming of pedestrians with boost, there would be no dispute. The video itself would qualify, I would presume, as clear evidence of rule breaking. Okay, perhaps tone down the actual punishment/warning, considering the source of the complaint, but at least acknowledge the evidence when it is, in fact, clear evidence.

Having a section like this isn't just for the Admins. The players can, and will, use the very threat of a report on the forums as a tool to curb bad behavior, irregardless if the report leads to an action or not. Many cheaters would rather play it safe. I mean, they're cheating so they can have it easier than it should be. They're not the type to take real risks. Many would stop, at least for a little while, if people threatened to video record them cheating.

Relying only on /report is a bottleneck. Admins must be in-game and active in a timely manner for there to be any chance of checking the player themselves. Without an alternative avenue to lodge complaints, cheaters can, and do, use this as a strategy for cheating. Admins online? Toggle off. None online, Hacks On, but toggle off when one logs in. Guaranteed never to get caught cheating, so long as they avoid tripping the auto-kick/ban with a specific hack.

You can only make two, or maybe three (not sure), /report complaints against a single user. The text input limit for each report, which is woefully small, makes listing each rule they are currently breaking hard to include, so we must often make multiple reports per cheater, if we wish for the admins online to have a comprehensive view of the situation. Not doing this may result in the cheater slipping by, because we didn't mention the No Reload and the No Damage because they were doing some other thing as well.

On the forums, however, we can give lengthy and detailed reports, and include videos and pictures if we wish.

I feel that a dedicated Report section for Players would not only be beneficial, but necessary for overall server health and sanity.

+1

That's good enough for me!

Comment

Was gonna put this suggestion... +1 It Should be addded
              sigpic

Comment

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 15,681 at 08:23 AM on 17-06-20.

Working...
              X