X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [FIXED IN 4.3.1] Nick Color bug

Hi,

One of the color in /colors (Light Blue). It changes to white gradually.

This is how it looks like, when we/I apply the color.

After some time (1 hour or days). I didn't measure the time correctly, but in-between it changes itself to this:

The first one is kinda dark than the second one, hope to be fixed soon!
    Need new haters, the old one started to love me!

This is weird because the colors are never edited in the code.

I'm thinking it might be something with your monitor... if you check the color values of the blue background in your screenshots it also gets brighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Matite View Post
      This is weird because the colors are never edited in the code.

I'm thinking it might be something with your monitor... if you check the color values of the blue background in your screenshots it also gets brighter.
      Well you're wrong. This situation is not only with me. It's happening to all the members that uses this color. For further information, you can ask the players that are using this color. It might be some codes error.

Comment

I remember testing it with you and only your name colour changed, mine stayed the same. If a colour is set in coding I don't think it'll change, it doesn't just go red to pink automatically once it's red it stays red. The background might be a change in time that doesn't really matter but it's weird nothing happens to me when I use it.
        Last edited by Zotty; 17-11-14, 07:13 PM.

Comment

its just whitebalance or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Zotty View Post
            I remember testing it with you and only your name colour changed, mine stayed the same. If a colour is set in coding I don't think it'll change, it doesn't just go red to pink automatically once it's red it stays red. The background might be a change in time that doesn't really matter but it's weird nothing happens to me when I use it.
            Well it doesn't change at the same time you applied or you can say after 2-3 hours. It took 1-2 days or some hours. I guess Dream[X] and some other TP's has done it and they found the same bug.

One thing I would like to add more. Players were asking me what color I had as I told that it's "LIGHT BLUE". After applying, they complained me it isn't same as yours, why?

I've just tried this bug with PANZEHIR in the game and he saw the differences in the colors. So you can't say it's my screen problem or whatever.

Found something interesting apart from the time taken part. When we type "/k" after choosing Light blue. Our color turn to white itself or by rejoining.
            Last edited by SpiderWeb; 17-11-14, 09:33 PM.

Comment

same result after i typed /kill.

If this is not a GamerX bug then it could only be sa-mp or the main game itself gta:sa.

Comment

I love this gta sa bug, cuz white is a nice colour for a nickname

Comment

Here is the code that sets that color (Ez wrote it):

#define COLOR_LIGHTBLUE 0xADD8E6AA

// Light blue
                  SetPlayerColor(playerid, COLOR_LIGHTBLUE);
                  As you can see, it uses a DEFINE. A define is set to the specified value when the PAWN code is compiled to an AMX file. It is not like a variable which can be changed during runtime. Once it is defined then it NEVER changes. This is why it is IMPOSSIBLE for the GamerX code to be changing your color value. It is caused by something else.

Well you're wrong. This situation is not only with me. It's happening to all the members that uses this color.
                  The post after yours (by Zotty) states that it does NOT happen to him. So for now, it only affects some people and not all members who use that color.

In summary, I hope this proves to you that it is not something in the code. The defined value cannot be changed during runtime.

PS The only thing I can think of that might be causing this is some SA-MP bug with the colors hex alpha value (which is AA) but most of the other custom colors also use the same hex alpha value and afaik they do not change. Maybe you could test some of the other custom colors (eg aqua marine).
                  Last edited by Matite; 21-11-14, 01:52 AM.

Comment

The post after yours (by Zotty) states that it does NOT happen to him. So for now, it only affects some people and not all members who use that color.
                    I'm sorry but I forget to mention that it happened to Zotty too. I tested that bug with him in game (when he was not agree with that). he doesn't know how to change it to white. I told him that how it turns to white and he did that which let his color turns into white also.. So, it's happening to everyone not only for some members.

Last night, a person asked me "how to get white" color. I said "/color - Lightblue". He selected it and saw that it isn't white and he asked me that it isn't as yours. he did /k and then he turns to white.

Okay, I will try with the other colors. Let's see what will happen.
                    Last edited by SpiderWeb; 21-11-14, 08:45 AM.

Comment

Very strange bug. At first I thought it was just you guys imagining things, but I tried it out.

Comment

I went back and tried the steps in nicoud's video above... same thing happens to me. The color gets lighter!

So, I went back to double check the code Ez added for these new dialog colors (/color command). Turns out there are TWO defines in the GamerX code:

* COLOR_LIGHT_BLUE = Rich class color
                        * COLOR_LIGHTBLUE = Light blue in /colors dialog

The code to set the players color on spawn was wrong. He had COLOR_LIGHT_BLUE (Rich class color) instead of COLOR_LIGHTBLUE. This explains why it changed color when you died/respawned.

As you can see it was hard to track down as the color define names are very similar. It is fixed in the next update.

Thanks for reporting this bug and I am sorry if I doubted you.

Comment

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 15,681 at 08:23 AM on 17-06-20.

Working...
                        X