/lpm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• /lpm

my suggestion is very small , i only suggest to add ID of pm'er after using /lpm command
    edgy scout main

-1 Not needed. because when you receive last pm. there says ''use /pm (name) text.'' also player (can) be left the game and send you pm before leaving, if u want pm to him use /getid (name) and pm. also you can see id of him/her.

if this suggestion get accepted: When ''you receive pm from id' blablabla.''
    and ofc you now use /pm id (text). (but if player left) you could pm to wrong id..
    Last edited by Mishell; 07-10-14, 01:30 AM.

Comment

I think this can be Implemented, but yeah the only confusion will happen is that the player might log out or Rejoin and you ending up with pm-ing the wrong person. The /lpm will not update his/her ID again because it doesn't get updated constantly it justs brings out your last received message. but look on the bright side, it does get handy once in a while to save up time and can be helpful to those who don't know the /getid command.

Comment

Originally posted by VeNErA View Post
        -1 Not needed. because when you receive last pm. there says ''use /pm (name) text.'' also player (can) be left the game and send you pm before leaving[...]
        Imagine the situation when you've a friend with a nick like ''[MLG]G3tr3ktlol123''. That would be a pain in the ass to use /pm nick. Also, if the player you're going to reply with /pm id leaves and you pm the wrong person, you can just say sorry. I don't see any negative reason on this idea, it's just a small change at all.

Comment

(and also if you want to make sure , you can take his ID form /lpm , then search in score board (TAB
          edgy scout main

Comment

I talked sometime ago with Rick about absolutely the same thing he said he likes it and will see what can he do. I guess he just forgot, anyways someone from management already liked it so I see now reason why it shouldn't be implemented.
            Manuel[M4]:Banned by Admin CoCoReNdAn[7NA] , please wait for her Reply.
            WoooIly:From now i love all admins just CocoRindan because he is the most sucker dicks girls

Comment

Originally posted by VeNErA View Post
              -1 Not needed. because when you receive last pm. there says ''use /pm (name) text.'' also player (can) be left the game and send you pm before leaving, if u want pm to him use /getid (name) and pm. also you can see id of him/her.

if this suggestion get accepted: When ''you receive pm from id' blablabla.''
              and ofc you now use /pm id (text). (but if player left) you could pm to wrong id..
              Originally posted by Zotty View Post
              I think this can be Implemented, but yeah the only confusion will happen is that the player might log out or Rejoin and you ending up with pm-ing the wrong person. The /lpm will not update his/her ID again because it doesn't get updated constantly it justs brings out your last received message. but look on the bright side, it does get handy once in a while to save up time and can be helpful to those who don't know the /getid command.
              Not just when player leave the server, but it can be also mistaken when they changed their name...

Originally posted by DeathBeatZ View Post
              Imagine the situation when you've a friend with a nick like ''[MLG]G3tr3ktlol123''. That would be a pain in the ass to use /pm nick. Also, if the player you're going to reply with /pm id leaves and you pm the wrong person, you can just say sorry. I don't see any negative reason on this idea, it's just a small change at all.
              In this case, you can use /pm [MLG]G3 <msg> unless there are no other [MLG] members or similar names.

Originally posted by Elixir View Post
              (and also if you want to make sure , you can take his ID form /lpm , then search in score board (TAB
              That's what the player do manually.

Originally posted by Seven_of_Nine View Post
              I talked sometime ago with Rick about absolutely the same thing he said he likes it and will see what can he do. I guess he just forgot, anyways someone from management already liked it so I see now reason why it shouldn't be implemented.
              Well i guess there are some reasons.

First, using the way to store ID of the private message sender:
              - Player can leave and join anytime, ID would be mistaken.
              - Player can change their name, ID might not be mistaken, but player will be confused.

Well this one could be work by finding the ID by player name (as /getid) and compare which is EQUAL with it, but if player changed name or that player is just visiting a server, and then another player change to that name or another player joined with the same name, it will still fail (smallest possibility)
              But still, it would be nice.
              Last edited by Robo; 07-10-14, 03:20 PM.
              KVIrc User

Comment

In this case, you can use /pm [MLG]G3 <msg> unless there are no other [MLG] members or similar names.
                Do you agree typing /pm id it's incredible faster?
                Also, ''similar'' names. That's also a good point. If i join in-game i'll be most talking with my members from [7NA], typing the tag and their nicks are not just uncomfortable, but also slower to type it.

Comment

Originally posted by DeathBeatZ View Post
                  Do you agree typing /pm id it's incredible faster?
                  Also, ''similar'' names. That's also a good point. If i join in-game i'll be most talking with my members from [7NA], typing the tag and their nicks are not just uncomfortable, but also slower to type it.
                  Originally posted by Robo_N1X View Post
                  Well this one could be work by finding the ID by player name (as /getid) and compare which is EQUAL with it, but if player changed name or that player is just visiting a server, and then another player change to that name or another player joined with the same name, it will still fail (smallest possibility)
                  But still, it would be nice.
                  5chars
                  KVIrc User

Comment

You can ALWAYS fail a pm. It doesn't matter if you use /lpm or not. If the player you're about to pm leaves and you don't notice, you'll pm a wrong person.

It's pointless to say that it is a bad idea only 'cause you can fail. As I said, you can always fail a pm, even if you use /lpm or not, and it's not a big deal...

Edit: And yeah, forgot to say. I would love if it is added.
                    Last edited by LorSimon; 09-10-14, 12:53 AM.
                    I didn't choose to be latin, I just had luck.

Comment

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 15,681 at 08:23 AM on 17-06-20.

Working...
                    X