forced local cd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• forced local cd

let tps and admins force player a cd. so it would be like the player himself did the cd (20m radius). i see many new player spamming 123 in chat, tps trying to do good, do the cds themselfs (global), for some players these cd's are annoying.
    this connamd would allow to create a countdown for a specific person and not everyone on the server.

We always force them to do /cd 3 If they wanted to start a countdown. It's just because they doesn't concentrate on chat or else doesn't know English? Well what we TP's are for then? Of course to help the newbies.

Also, there is already a command /cd. They can start countdown by themselve (20m radius). But some are new that doesn't bother to use this command due to the reasons I mentioned above.
    Need new haters, the old one started to love me!

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderWeb View Post
      We always force them to do /cd 3 If they wanted to start a countdown. It's just because they doesn't concentrate on chat or else doesn't know English? Well what we TP's are for then? Of course to help the newbies.

Also, there is already a command /cd. They can start countdown by themselve (20m radius). But some are new that doesn't bother to use this command due to the reasons I mentioned above.

I dont think you understood what he meant by force. Not just say to do /cd themselves (saying that is useless), but to use like /cd NickName,so other players dont get annoyed every time some random biker wishes a countdown.

Comment

Originally posted by discplex View Post
        I dont think you understood what he meant by force. Not just say to do /cd themselves (saying that is useless), but to use like /cd NickName,so other players dont get annoyed every time some random biker wishes a countdown.
        I dunno know if this could be possible? However, I'm neutral to this.
        Need new haters, the old one started to love me!

Comment

Originally posted by discplex View Post
          What if more than one player is racing? Let me counter-suggest a toggle cd instead, where you inactivate the countdowns so you won't see them.
          Last edited by Burnedgrass; 19-11-14, 04:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnedgrass View Post
            What if more than one player is racing? Let me counter-suggest a toggle cd instead, where you inactivate the countdowns so you won't see them.
            the "private" cd works by doing a cd withing a 20m radius, that means everyone withing 20m radius or the player who has a cd forced upon, would get a cd. i dont see a problem.

i have suggested a command to revove everything from the screen for movie making (cd's annoucments, event labels) but that got rejected for some reason.

Comment

Originally posted by fatlob View Post
              the "private" cd works by doing a cd withing a 20m radius, that means everyone withing 20m radius or the player who has a cd forced upon, would get a cd. i dont see a problem.

i have suggested a command to revove everything from the screen for movie making (cd's annoucments, event labels) but that got rejected for some reason.
              actually burnedgrass said toggle cd means you can disable and enable the text of 3 2 1 go from your screen if you think 321 is annoying for you you can disable 321 for you by this you wont be able to see that 321 ob your screen and if you want to see you can enable it if you want.

in my view its not that much annoying just a few second of 123 never got disturbance from it.

Comment

In my opinion, it's best that tp's look into this matter and make up their minds before taking action because ofcourse as a trusted player it's been granted that you use it to help out others but since it's available to all we can try and help. What I do is I take a look at the player asking for it, does he have a sensible name? does he understand english? or even his actions in-game weather he's just racing or does other kinds of things and writes commands etc. someone with a name like [TH]M@toNd.xo or other players only found racing throughout the entire game or even some Vietnamese won't really bother if you tell them write /cd for a countdown and it would be annoying than seeing the chat flooded with /cd plzzzzzzz than having a countdown appear on your screen, except for few which look at the chat and use the command .. there's nothing wrong in teaching others only if there's no other way, In the end they all need to learn a few commands to play and /cd can be one of them.

I liked the idea anyways (if possible), it's better to force someone a countdown with 20m radius than spamming everyone with it, but it doesn't really matter a 3 sec announce doesn't hurt or affect me in anyway :P

Comment

I liked the idea too

Comment

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 15,681 at 08:23 AM on 17-06-20.

Working...
                  X