Open /event tele for CTF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Open /event tele for CTF

I suggest that in events that are not the style "you die, you are out" (like LMS, sieges, HG and derbies), let the /event command open, so a player can join in event anytime during CTFs or Sumo, as these events are not the way I said, "you die, you are out", so admins dont need to add a lot of players that ask for enter in events, and a player doesnt need to impersonate admins to add them in event (and sometimes admins are busy or afk).
    Sometimes CTFs (especially Ship) become boring and with teams like 4x3, no so much people. I said one time an admin asking "who wants join event?". With this that i'm suggesting, this wont be necessary, and the player can join CTF anytime.

Also, you can think "but the player is about die, left event and then come back". Well, when then player leave the event, it cannot come back, as he typed /leave one time. Or, if it is not possible, a punishment to the player that do this kind of thing, jail, kick, ban if he does it a lot of times.

EDIT: I think it can be used to GUNGAMES too!

What u think?
    Last edited by Pacific; 05-10-15, 08:18 PM. Reason: Extra information

it would be so great, and anyone will can join ShipCTF when it active, with no asking admins to /b them,
    also as i saw in GamerX commands v4.8.7 there's command to enable event teleport [ /toggleeventteleport or /tet] for any Event type.

I'm not sure of the command... +1
    Stay low, Go fast.
    Kill first, Die last.
    One shot, One kill
    No luck, Pure skill.

Comment

Originally posted by StackedPizza
      Once a event is loaded they have one minute(i think) to type /event.
      It's true. But what if the player join in server after the event start OR the player was afk and come back after events start? I think this can happen.

Comment

@StackedPizza, admins are not always online yuno.

Yeah, I agree with you. +1

Comment

Sounds good to me as long as its only for Sumo's and CTF's but people might keep leaving and switching teams in CTF's.

Comment

Originally posted by PacificaNorthwest View Post
            Also, you can think "but the player is about die, left event and then come back".
            To avoid this, we've to add some codes that the player who want to leave have to wait 5 seconds before he can leave the event.

+1
            Last edited by Beer; 05-10-15, 06:19 PM.

Comment

even i suggested that in tp chat a long time ago for Sumo and Ctf, I support this suggestion.

Originally posted by StackedPizza
              wat i don't really think this is needed. Once a event is loaded they have one minute(i think) to type /event.
              there are many reasons in which people cant join the event when it gets loaded automatically and you have 1 min to get teleported into event like:-

1- i am always fighting with others so sometimes it takes more than 1 minute to finish the fight (either i get killed or another one). So i cant type any command like /event to get teleported somewhere as its against the rules.

2- sometimes people are bugged so when they rejoin the server, they have to ask admins to bring them into event. Its annoying for admins to bring everyone one by one into event.

3- many people join the server after event gets started, so they cant play the event.

4- or the person forgets to type /event for any reason.

So above problems cant be solved out if event teleportation is not locked during CTF and SUMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Beer View Post
                To avoid this, we've to add some codes that the player who want to leave have to wait 5 seconds before he can leave the event.

+1
                Already exist. when you type /leave then /event again, you can't change your team, even by changing name,skin,color...etc.
                i have tried to change my team in many CTF events, specially ShipCTF.
                So the players cannot change by /leave and /event!
                Stay low, Go fast.
                Kill first, Die last.
                One shot, One kill
                No luck, Pure skill.

Comment

Originally posted by Jafri View Post
                  Sounds good to me as long as its only for Sumo's and CTF's but people might keep leaving and switching teams in CTF's.

Originally posted by Beer View Post
                  I gave the solution for this two situations:

Originally posted by PacificaNorthwest View Post
                  Well, when then player leave the event, it cannot come back, as he typed /leave one time. Or, if it is not possible, a punishment to the player that do this kind of thing, jail, kick, ban if he does it a lot of times.

Comment

Pacifica is right, this is actually a great idea. The ones who leave and come back their kills will reset and a person when he leaves CTF with /k or /leave cannot join back in 5 minutes or so. About changing teams in CTF and TDM, when someone gets into the event, the team selection could be made in such a way so that the team members are balanced rather than people choosing their own team.
                    sigpicc:

Comment

Originally posted by Next View Post
                      Already exist. when you type /leave then /event again, you can't change your team, even by changing name,skin,color...etc.
                      i have tried to change my team in many CTF events, specially ShipCTF.
                      So the players cannot change by /leave and /event!
                      What are you talking about? You didn't even read my post, did you?

Comment

Any management admins wanna go through this thread again please?
                        sigpicc:

Comment

Originally posted by Obese View Post
                          Any management admins wanna go through this thread again please?
                          It's up to developers, not admin or management...

I already suggested this long long time ago on admin discussion, not just CTF, but any event that we can respawn on it such as sumo, dm (any types).
                          KVIrc User

Comment

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 15,681 at 08:23 AM on 17-06-20.

Working...
                          X