Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[TUTORIAL] How to deal with trolls ingame or in forums?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [TUTORIAL] How to deal with trolls ingame or in forums?

Hello, and yes you read the title right, trolls. They come ingame almost everyday and try pull you down and make you feel terrible. Now obviously you are probably thinking that we can simply use /report button and get them penalised. And YES that is the right way to deal with them especially if they are insulting anything about your personal life. But sometimes it isn't worth reporting them because they bring you down amd try and test your cool by simply insulting you without any offensive words. They instead use harmless words like "nub", "nab" or just by simply annoying you and laughing at you constantly.

Before I get started with how to deal with them I'd like to put the true meaning of trolls out there:
    Troll: A bunch of lifeless scums who enjoy fighting online as they couldn't dare to get into one in real life.

Anyway back to the tutorial, here is what to do in a few scenarios:

1) A dumb troll
    Troll constantly laughs at you (if you lose a duel or fight)
    - You know what you lost, accept it- if he/she says something around the lines of "lol nab aha u lost", simply be the wiser one and just remain cool. (Say "Haha Ye I lost bro! GG man!". This will make the troll speechless and confused and will either stop talking (60%), carry on being a troll (20%) or surprisingly be kind to you (20%). If he carries on, continue reading. So surely if he/she hasn't stopped, then they're going to say something along the lines of "Ahaha I'm bette than u nub". In this situation you have two options- continue being good till he stops for good or you can ignore him/her (/iapms to ignore pms) or just ignore and blank them in global chat.

2) A SALTY argument
    Usually these are only begun when you trigger it by saying something stupid yourself. When I say a salty argument I mean an argument where both the troll and you are talking with knowledge while arguing causing so much puns. You have to talk your way out if you are in an argument such as this one. Your best option is to come to terms with this dude, and agree with what he's saying. You could also back out and just say "meh I have no time to argue with a person like you". If they don't let you go and aren't breaking rules at the same time then feel free to /pm an admin and tell that him/her to make the troll shut up.

If there are no admins on, which is highly unfortunate then ask a friend to back you up but WITHOUT insults or you guys will seem like the troll.

My story
    You all may know a person called $UPER_STAR. But yeh, pretty much during my early days in SAMP, I'd constantly kill him. One day he pmed me telling me how much of a noob I was. I then duelled him many times and won all the rounds. To make things worse, my irl friends like Miley, KORROSION and Magna kept laughing at him in global chat. Every week I'd see him on SAMP, we'd both constantly insult each other in pms.
    By the time it hit July ending I started to understand more about the server and we didn't speak since July up until the early weeks of October where he saw me ingame and pmed me whether I remembered him. I said yes and he said he'd gotten better and said he'd wreck me. So I had another few rounds of duels with him and I won all of them again but you know what I had enough of having to insult this guy so I just went ahead and said "You've improved a lot bro!" and to my surprise we haven't had problems. Even though he is still a massive rule breaker I get a long fine with this dude all because of my "wise" move.

Anyway enough of my story, here's a few notes:
    - Don't feed trolls
    - Feel free to pm an admin if no action is taken against the troll
    - I used to be a troll

Hopefully this was helpful, it was just something that passed my head as I got into a little brawl today.
    Please stop asking why I got my admin status removed. I chose to be demoted and there's no drama behind it.

Good tutorial but if they are no admins ingame you can play without the chat also (using f7) and when hiding the chat also use /iapms so no one can disturb you (but admins).
    PastorRichads: /q for Liberating yourself from the chains and bounds of this Virtual Nightmare

<@GX-07> [14] Legend27: nick is indonessian

Comment

or find out where he lives.
      Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Fat_Lobster/

Comment

Short Answer:Ignore

Comment

Originally posted by JPG View Post
          Short Answer:Ignore
          Yes, if you want to carry on be annoyed. (Now your going to say press f7 two times) Well guess what, how about no- I talk a lot on chat with friends and having some troll constantly annoy you while your trying to talk to your friends is frustrating. Remember one thing - "Ignoring trolls and letting them do their thing will encourage them to carry on do it to someone else". So here's a short answer for you: Solve the issues.
          Last edited by Eliteus; 23-12-15, 06:20 PM.
          Please stop asking why I got my admin status removed. I chose to be demoted and there's no drama behind it.

Comment

Even I've been around this server, I can see that people here is much more mature than people in other servers and I know each server have their "trolls" or annoy people or haters, however you call it you've to act in a mature way. When people start to annoy me I just don't do a sh*t about it because I don't give a damn about them, they got no lifes to enjoy or something that they've to annoy people everyday? It's stupid to see how trolls act, I highly bet there are 2 categories or classes for them:

*Kids: Those who get mad for everything and start to insult you or stalk you with comments like hey noob, you're the worst or I'm better than you, etc.

*People w/friends or alone: Those who want to troll people for fun, which is stupid lmao.

Anyway, you did a great topic there and we have to ignore those trolls because we're here to enjoy right? to've some fun!

Comment

Originally posted by Daylight View Post
              Even I've been around this server, I can see that people here is much more mature than people in other servers and I know each server have their "trolls" or annoy people or haters, however you call it you've to act in a mature way. When people start to annoy me I just don't do a sh*t about it because I don't give a damn about them, they got no lifes to enjoy or something that they've to annoy people everyday? It's stupid to see how trolls act, I highly bet there are 2 categories or classes for them:

*Kids: Those who get mad for everything and start to insult you or stalk you with comments like hey noob, you're the worst or I'm better than you, etc.

*People w/friends or alone: Those who want to troll people for fun, which is stupid lmao.

Anyway, you did a great topic there and we have to ignore those trolls because we're here to enjoy right? to've some fun!
              These trolls really enjoy making others lives miserable because their own life isn't any good. I don't blame these trolls for who they are but in fact feel sorry for them because their life in real must be hard- "child abuse", "being bullied" etc. These people need help and so being positive to them will just get them perplexed.
              Anyway Thanks a lot man.

Comment

Originally posted by Eliteus View Post
                These trolls really enjoy making others lives miserable because their own life isn't any good. I don't blame these trolls for who they are but in fact feel sorry for them because their life in real must be hard- "child abuse", "being bullied" etc. These people need help and so being positive to them will just get them perplexed.
                Anyway Thanks a lot man.
                lol, you just remind my childhood XD

sorry cuz i am one of them. but untill now, i still can't stop laughing everytime i get jackpot, like. . exploded by rocket while im drifting.. or when disabled /afob in race. i even laughing when i translate this (Eliteus's) word with google translate. its really LMAO. cuz its so different between "translated" with "original word". like "thanks a lot man " after i translated it become "Thanks to a lot of man"

/lol, why i typing this so many word??

ANYWAY, my question is
                how did u know about their poor life?
                (optional to answer my question. i just wondering)
                just drift

Comment

Originally posted by ANWAR View Post
                  lol, you just remind my childhood XD

sorry cuz i am one of them. but untill now, i still can't stop laughing everytime i get jackpot, like. . exploded by rocket while im drifting.. or when disabled /afob in race. i even laughing when i translate this (Eliteus's) word with google translate. its really LMAO. cuz its so different between "translated" with "original word". like "thanks a lot man " after i translated it become "Thanks to a lot of man"

/lol, why i typing this so many word??
                  Did not understand what you said here. Like legit. What are you on about

Originally posted by ANWAR View Post
                  ANYWAY, my question is
                  how did u know about their poor life?
                  (optional to answer my question. i just wondering)
                  Trolls like to make life tough for others by making them feel shitty about themselves. Why do they do this? Because they have nothing better to do. If they have nothing to do it means they have no life. No life = Shitty life. There's your answer.

Comment

Originally posted by Eliteus View Post
                    Trolls like to make life tough for others by making them feel shitty about themselves. Why do they do this? Because they have nothing better to do. If they have nothing to do it means they have no life. No life = Shitty life. There's your answer.
                    Thankyou.. .. Eliteus..
                    That explained alot about my self.
                    Thankyou..
                    just drift

Comment

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 15,681 at 08:23 AM on 17-06-20.

Working...
                    X