Suggestion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestion

Hello There , i'll be presenting my suggestion.
    In minigames like /mg1 , /mg3 , when we go there and die , we come to our spawn position.
    And then , we have to type /mg1 again and again after we die. Its kinda irritating.
    My suggestion is that , when we are the /mg1 or any other minigame , we should not be send to spawn after we have got killed. After dying , we should stay at /mg1 only.
    And if we want to leave the minigame , we can type /leave.

Hoping you'll like it.

I understand your discomfort , it is annoying to type the command many times , but this would create further doubt new players would not be good

Comment

This has been suggested before i believe, Minigames doesn't works like Events and so you have to always type it back to get in (not to join).
      KVIrc User

Comment

Originally posted by Robo_N1X View Post
        This has been suggested before i believe, Minigames doesn't works like Events and so you have to always type it back to get in (not to join).
        But would it not be more convenient just to spawn back in that minigame. I know when you die, it detects it as a death in normal mode but couldn't it be tweaked so that we can just respawn quickly in the minigame. You could just use the tele points in the maps of the minigame and convert them to spawn points for the game.
        Please stop asking why I got my admin status removed. I chose to be demoted and there's no drama behind it.

Comment

I have nothing against this, although may be annoying for newbies who don't know how to leave. Minigames are not like events where it has actually an ending and they are back to their spawn.

Comment

Originally posted by Eliteus View Post
            But would it not be more convenient just to spawn back in that minigame. I know when you die, it detects it as a death in normal mode but couldn't it be tweaked so that we can just respawn quickly in the minigame. You could just use the tele points in the maps of the minigame and convert them to spawn points for the game.
            Yeah but it doesn't work like that, spawn are set when player select their class at first time, the variable are "registered" since start, not always can be changed when player is dead, because when player is dead, server can't abort them to respawn (its client automatic). Even the event system does not set spawn, it just set the position back to the event map, you will notice that most of time you'd actually respawn in your class zone, then gets brought automatically to the /event. This way work but not actually reliable. Since minigames are not like event that gets "loaded" so it's different. Minigames are available at all times (static), players are just getting in, while event is only one that can be loaded at a time (dynamic). It would be the best if spawn/class system is made dynamically, so it can set the spawn to a minigame or event without needing the players to respawn on their class, this can also gives ability where player could choose an event team like Class Selection, but unfortunately it would require big change and hard work.

This is also one reason:
            Originally posted by DeathBeatZ View Post
            I have nothing against this, although may be annoying for newbies who don't know how to leave. Minigames are not like events where it has actually an ending and they are back to their spawn.
            KVIrc User

Comment

Oh you replied! My internet decided not to say there was an unread message. Anyway, I understand that the variable is registered to the first spawn you choose. However I am pretty sure you can make more variables. For example, you join a minigame, that specific minigame has its own spawn variable. Once you type the command to join the minigame, the variable to spawn in the map of that minigame can be activated and the original variable is temporarily disabled. It's like priorities, once you type something like "/de3", the variable "De3Spawns" overlaps the variable for the original spawn point. However once you type, /leavemg - the variable for the original spawn point will become the priority overlapping every other minigames variables therefore you spawn at your usual spawn point. As for what DBZ said, either that new player could ask in chat because GamerX has helpful players at all timezones or what I suggest is everytime you type a command to join a minigame that command should also execute text on the screen that says "/leavemg to leave" and anything else specific to that minigame (It's not a bad idea too).
              Please stop asking why I got my admin status removed. I chose to be demoted and there's no drama behind it.

Comment

Originally posted by Eliteus View Post
                Oh you replied! My internet decided not to say there was an unread message. Anyway, I understand that the variable is registered to the first spawn you choose. However I am pretty sure you can make more variables. For example, you join a minigame, that specific minigame has its own spawn variable. Once you type the command to join the minigame, the variable to spawn in the map of that minigame can be activated and the original variable is temporarily disabled. It's like priorities, once you type something like "/de3", the variable "De3Spawns" overlaps the variable for the original spawn point. However once you type, /leavemg - the variable for the original spawn point will become the priority overlapping every other minigames variables therefore you spawn at your usual spawn point.
                Perhaps it's wrong to explain it to you that way, let just talk it in comparison, since you don't know that "registered" can't be "unregistered" without having it removed from the code completely (means there will be no spawn at first).

You know the static vehicles? They always at spawn there, whenever it destroyed, it gets respawned there, and whenever admin try to destroy it, the same happened. Unlike your /car whenever it's destroyed, it's gone, and you need to type /car again to respawn it. Now this is what i said from first, is to make the classes and spawn dynamically and so it will require all the static vehicles at spawn to be changed (which require big work).
                Originally posted by Robo_N1X
                It would be the best if spawn/class system is made dynamically, so it can set the spawn to a minigame or event without needing the players to respawn on their class, this can also gives ability where player could choose an event team like Class Selection, but unfortunately it would require big change and hard work.
                It does still have both disadvantages and advantages which i can't explain alot (you wont understand it either).

I'm not saying the idea is bad...
                Last edited by Robo; 25-02-16, 04:35 AM.
                KVIrc User

Comment

I agree on the suggestion.
                  But i was reading Robo's and DeathBeath'Z replies , they said 'may be kinda annoying for newbies which don't know how to leave'
                  i can suggest this:
                  To have some command to enable and disable auto-spawn in minigame
                  problem solved

Comment

Oh..
                    but unfortunately it would require big change and hard work
                    Well never mind then :/

Comment

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 15,681 at 08:23 AM on 17-06-20.

Working...
                    X