GXTempNameID - Bug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GXTempNameID - Bug

I joined with the name "GXTempNameID69" today and have tested some bugs. So my name was "GXTempNameID69" and my ID was 20.

I have written to the IRC and I noticed that I write as "GXTempNameID20".

The same goes for many other commands (/brb,/me,/me2,/care etc.)

I think the best way to fix this little bug it to kick the players which join with the name "GXTempName".

btw: What happens if ID:69 is joining at the same time and canceled the login dialog-box? Can he also get the same name?
    Last edited by Tarantula; 25-04-16, 10:59 PM.
    Yours sincerely

Prof. Dr. Tarantula

Maybe the server associates your ID to your name, so it sets to GXTempNameID20?

also, gg, you fooled me today

Comment

Originally posted by Pedro View Post
      Maybe the server associates your ID to your name, so it sets to GXTempNameID20?

also, gg, you fooled me today
      I don't know. I could normal chat with the name "GXTempNameID69" only when I used commands there were complications.

hihi
      Yours sincerely

Prof. Dr. Tarantula

Comment

I swear fam this ain't legal
        If it is a proper bug well it's an anomaly as this has never ever happened before. But I guess it's nothing serious.
        Last edited by Eliteus; 25-04-16, 11:09 PM.
        Please stop asking why I got my admin status removed. I chose to be demoted and there's no drama behind it.

Comment

Originally posted by Eliteus View Post
          I swear fam this ain't legal
          Admin Toxic_Ro knew it.

EDIT: I think it is is a script error.

Have you solved the mystery?
          Last edited by Tarantula; 25-04-16, 11:15 PM.
          Yours sincerely

Prof. Dr. Tarantula

Comment

It seems that server reads your name as "GXTempNameID20" as the server set it... Technically, if you try to join any GXTempNameID your name will be changed to GXTempNameID<yourid>. Other players in the server will see you as GXTempNameID20, but only your client sees it as GXTempNameID69 as you might lose sync or packet loss when name was changed.
            If you ask why then the name on normal chat is showing GXTempNameID69 because that client "player message" is a client sided, i know this since when i get bugged and decide to not rejoin, i will be able to receive player's message chat while server commands does not working for me anymore, so here i am with "bugged" state, and i saw a random newbie vn player name with a green ID (that id is part of message, from server) when i /tr the id it's actually Price.

So not really a server bug.
            KVIrc User

Comment

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 15,681 at 08:23 AM on 17-06-20.

Working...
            X