X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Continous DeathMatch

Server Suggestion

g'Day everyone,

So Basically what my suggestion is to add a continous DM spawn streak, currently if we get killed in any DM like /mg2 or /rocket1 we spawn outside of the DM. With this suggestion we will spawn in the exact same DM everytime we get killed. This is important because some players like me admire DM'ing. Spawning everytime outside of it and using the the same command every freakin time to get inside is a pain. We can probably have another command to leave the DM like /leavedm or /exitdm. That's it.

Thanks,

“You’ve got enemies? Good, that means you actually stood up for something.” – Eminem

It's been suggested before http://gamerxserver.com/forum/showth...ight=minigames
    basically its not added because newbies have problem leaving the minigame.

Comment

Well this suggestion was discussed many times but we never found a solution to it.

What we can do today, is adding a "Auto Rejoin Minigame" parametter, settable with a command to give our players the possibility to auto rejoin the minigames.

If this solution is appreciated I might do something.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick View Post
        Well this suggestion was discussed many times but we never found a solution to it.

What we can do today, is adding a "Auto Rejoin Minigame" parametter, settable with a command to give our players the possibility to auto rejoin the minigames.

That'll be great. It should be auto-disabled for newbies and when we join any MiniGame we get a ClientMessage like "You have Auto-Rejoin disabled, Enable it using /togautojoin" or something like this. It'll be great to have something like this.

“You’ve got enemies? Good, that means you actually stood up for something.” – Eminem

Comment

Originally posted by Rick View Post

I would love this but this is the response I got:
          Yeah but it doesn't work like that, spawn are set when player select their class at first time, the variable are "registered" since start, not always can be changed when player is dead, because when player is dead, server can't abort them to respawn (its client automatic). Even the event system does not set spawn, it just set the position back to the event map, you will notice that most of time you'd actually respawn in your class zone, then gets brought automatically to the /event. This way work but not actually reliable. Since minigames are not like event that gets "loaded" so it's different. Minigames are available at all times (static), players are just getting in, while event is only one that can be loaded at a time (dynamic). It would be the best if spawn/class system is made dynamically, so it can set the spawn to a minigame or event without needing the players to respawn on their class, this can also gives ability where player could choose an event team like Class Selection, but unfortunately it would require big change and hard work.
          I believe it can be done, yes even in pawn because I have seen other servers using this too. But you know...
          Please stop asking why I got my admin status removed. I chose to be demoted and there's no drama behind it.

Comment

Originally posted by Eliteus View Post
            I would love this but this is the response I got:

I believe it can be done, yes even in pawn because I have seen other servers using this too. But you know...
            It can be easily done with a simple checker. This Check will be set to 1 on players enter any DM and OnPlayerDeath it will check whether the player was in DM and simply spawn him back to the DM. Something like this
            First we'll define the new check.
            Code:
            new IsInDeathMatch[MAX_PLAYERS];
            Under OnPlayerDeath we'll do something like this.
            Code:
            public OnPlayerDeath(playerid, killerid, reason)
            {
                if(IsInDeathMatch[playerid] == 1)
                {
                    //spawn code to the DM from which player died
                }
                return 1;
            }
            This code is only for explaining the idea. This code can be made more efficient and for that we have great developers better than me.

Thanks,

Comment

Originally posted by Shifty View Post
              It can be easily done with a simple checker. This Check will be set to 1 on players enter any DM and OnPlayerDeath it will check whether the player was in DM and simply spawn him back to the DM. Something like this
              Code:
              Code:
              {
                  {
                  }
                  return 1;
              }
              This code is only for explaining the idea. This code can be made more efficient and for that we have great developers better than me.

Thanks,
              Don't post code here, it's against forum rules
              But ignoring that, like I said, I know it is possible as I've seen it be executed. But Robo_N1X's response makes me think otherwise. Also that codes logic doesn't seem like it's work on pawn. I'm not too sure.
              Please stop asking why I got my admin status removed. I chose to be demoted and there's no drama behind it.

Comment

Originally posted by Shifty View Post
                Code:
                Code:
                {
                    {
                    }
                    return 1;
                }

Thanks,
                You got nice PAWN code but,
                Proof for what Eliteus said:
                Also, do not post or attach any code or filterscripts/gamemodes to your suggestion. We do not use random code from the SA-MP forums, and are perfectly capable of coding any features ourselves.
                And yes it will work for PAWN Eliteus.
                It is a nice suggestion and for newbies when anyone joins a minigame a textdraw appears at the screen says "Type /exitmg to leave the minigame".
                It would be cool and a command /toggleminigame (/tgmg) to toggle if someone is getting bored from /exitmg command he will respawn at his spawn after every death and type it again to enable it.
                "I'm still playing the game, having a great time."

Jason Giambi

Comment

Originally posted by Dodo View Post
                  And yes it will work for PAWN Eliteus.
                  No it won't, the logic in PAWN is different to that of some other programming languages but they all have the same concept, you need to set the coordinates to the different spawns where you spawn in the first place when you type in the minigame command </mg3 etc>. At the same time the code needs to be set to the world in which you spawn, otherwise the coordinates which have been set will get you spawned in a world where the minigame isn't set. You took it in wrong. I know it will work on PAWN, of course it will, but the code which Shifty posted which although has some logic to it, it doesn't really fully specify some vital information that is needed in order for the respawn to work. But yes, if coded right, it will work.
                  Last edited by Eliteus; 28-04-16, 08:25 PM.

Comment

I also agree with you, it is annoying when we always spawn outside. It should be like the other minigames.
                    Why are you discussing about the code? Do not worry about the coding guys, Rick is a genius.
                    Yours sincerely

Prof. Dr. Tarantula

Comment

Originally posted by Nick
                      If you mean auto respawn in the minigame it should look something like this:
                      Code:

CMD:rocket1(playerid, params[]) // the command to join the minigame.
                      {
                       IsInDeathMatch[playerid] = 1; // they are now in the minigame.
                       //the rest of the codes go here. 
                      }

{
                          // you cant put the spawn code here.
                          return 1;
                      }

public OnPlayerSpawn(playerid)
                      {
                         //this code will check the player when they spawned and check for if they are still in the minigame or not. If its set to one (1), it will proceed to put them back in the minigame and when its at zero (0), it wont do anything.
                         if(IsInDeathMatch[playerid] == 1) // if they are in the minigame or not.
                         {
                           //you can now put the spawn code here. 
                         }
                       return 1;
                      }

CMD:leave(playerid, params[]) // the command to leave the minigame.
                      {
                       IsInDeathMatch[playerid] = 0; // they are no longer in  the minigame.
                       //the rest of the codes go here. 
                      }
                      I know they won't accept codes but this is just an example.
                      You also broke the rule. Oh well, like Tarantula said just leave the coding up to Rick. But like already said, it is possible but I just want to see what Robo has to say in response to Rick saying it's possible.
                      Last edited by Eliteus; 29-10-16, 01:07 AM.

Comment

I did never say it's impossible, i was just comparing that spawn for Events load resource data from database, which can be changed anytime. But spawn for minigames are hardcoded in the pawn script, it's like the code can be only accessed when player used the command as it was scripted like that, but not with events, i can even see the spawn information directly from database, or when loading event (but not start it) for edit, or even editing them with such method, yet i called this dynamic. For minigames, it would need change from the script itself.

So if we want to make it possible, minigames would have been integrated with event resource/database so the method is like the event but just work as minigame. And i mentioned it would require big change and hard work (since there are alot minigames).

Originally posted by Robo_N1X
                        Yeah but it doesn't work like that, spawn are set when player select their class at first time, the variable are "registered" since start, not always can be changed when player is dead, because when player is dead, server can't abort them to respawn (its client automatic). Even the event system does not set spawn, it just set the position back to the event map, you will notice that most of time you'd actually respawn in your class zone, then gets brought automatically to the /event. This way work but not actually reliable. Since minigames are not like event that gets "loaded" so it's different. Minigames are available at all times (static), players are just getting in, while event is only one that can be loaded at a time (dynamic). It would be the best if spawn/class system is made dynamically, so it can set the spawn to a minigame or event without needing the players to respawn on their class, this can also gives ability where player could choose an event team like Class Selection, but unfortunately it would require big change and hard work.
                        Another possible solution came to my mind after someone suggested about the "minigame list", well the point here is to give an unique identifier for each minigames and event types. By modifying the "Player in minigame" (in case it was in integer that can store numbers 2^32), this can be used to check when player is dead, and "respawn" (rejoin after respawn) them just like in event now, and we could also make a list beside the IDs so other players can also know which minigame the player is in or even list them. More brief here: http://gamerxserver.com/forum/showth...ll=1#post47641

The best after all, but might be too difficult is to make dynamic spawn, Spawn information is changed everytime player joined to event or minigame and reset them back to class-specific spawn info after they leave from minigames (as quoted).
                        Last edited by Robo; 29-04-16, 08:06 AM.
                        KVIrc User

Comment

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 15,681 at 08:23 AM on 17-06-20.

Working...
                        X